Web Directory

Monday, December 24, 2012

I'm back + Remove Feat.from Artist Tag in MusicBrainz

Hey guys, so I was really busy and didn't have any time at all to post on this blog. But I will try to post more regularly again. And the first thing I will post about is an issue that has annoyed me since quite some time. I don't know when it happened but it seems that someone proposed changing the style of the ID3-Tags of MusicBrainz: http://forums.musicbrainz.org/viewtopic.php?id=1709 (really great idea bro.....not). Whatever he thinks makes this a good idea, I don't give a fuck. Moving the featuring Artists to the normal Artist name is bullshit because it fucks things up: Every music player I've used displays this tag so you have this "feat." bullshit in the artist name everywhere (don't tell me I can change what field the player displays, I don't care). And along with this comes the main reason that this is fucking annoying: it fucks everything up on last.fm because this tag field is submitted to last.fm as the artist name. Last.fm alone has enough problems with artist names (same names for different artists= same page). I've been using the musicbrainz picard tagger for year and never had problems (except for missing/wrong tags but these can be edited) but now I seriously thought about using a different tagger. Until I found this:http://wiki.musicbrainz.org/picard_plugins There is a plugin that moves the feat. tags to the title just like it used to be (Thanks Lukáš Lalinský, Michael Wiencek, you guys rock!). And you don't even have to install the plugin, just activate it in the preferences of picard and voila: you have the good old tag style again. I couldn't care less if the new style is cleaner or that using ID3 1.x is old. I just want my last.fm to have clean tags.

No comments:

Post a Comment