Web Directory

Thursday, April 14, 2011

J. Cole - Cole World

J. Cole is a rapper from Fayetteville or Fayettenam as he likes to call it. He's signed to Jay-Z's Roc Nation label and was featured on Jay's last album too.
He released a mixtape called "Friday Night Lights" at the end of last year, which had very good reviews. I liked a lot of the songs mostly because of the good and fresh sounding production(which J. Cole mostly did himself) and because of his good flow. His lyrics are good too but the topics sometimes are a bit worn out. Check out some of the highlight tracks from the mixtape below:

J. Cole - Before I'm Gone

J. Cole - Farewell

Cole is working on his debut album right now, it will maybe be named "Cole World" but this isn't set yet. I'm pretty curious how it's gonna be, I just hope he produces most of the tracks himself because I love his beats.
He already released two singles from the album and they are good but not that bombastic:
J. Cole - Who Dat (Official Music Video). Watch more top selected videos about: J. Cole



I like the second track a lot more than the first one and I hope the album will be as good as this track. The album should be out pretty soon but there is no release date set yet.

7 comments:

  1. Good use of backing vocals on the first track.

    ReplyDelete
  2. J Cole is definitely a sick artist! I think he's going to blow up even more in the coming months! Cool blog. - Followed.

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh god, please don't name it cole world

    ReplyDelete
  4. I really liked the second track that you posted. Good stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dirty mouth, WHAT HAVE YOU BEEN UP TO?

    Love that video.

    ReplyDelete